Tel 0845
Online Accounting – Online Book Keeping – Online Payroll
Knowledge Base

Taking over a business as a going concern, when do I register for VAT?

If you buy a VAT registered business as a going concern, you must be registered for VAT when you buy that business - at the time of sale.

If you are not registered for VAT, the seller must add VAT to the price you pay for the business as if you were buying the assets alone and you will not be able to reclaim this VAT.


The content and advice is for information only. Last updated 26.07.2009.

For up to date information and advice, based on your specific circumstances, please contact us.

We cannot be held responsible for actions taken with reference to the content contained on this website.


Get a Quote

Sign Up!

At last! An accountancy company that not only understands my business needs but delivers.

Efficient, quick and they did what they said they were going to do and their professional advice was excellent. I can not recommend Tom and his team enough

Fresh Logistics

Take a Tour